Breakfast at Peace Hill starts with french pressed coffee or tea served to your door at the time you request.When you come down to the dining room, you experience the fun of seeing what table-scape has been prepared for you. Tanya’s set menus always include a fruit course an entree, and hot bread. Our fruit courses incorporates as much locally-grown, seasonal produce as possible, including apples, peaches, blueberries, blackberries and plums grown on Peace Hill Farm. Breakfast entrées are served family-style so that you can enjoy as much as you choose. Our eggs come from free-range, happy Peace Hill chickens. (You’re welcome to visit them after breakfast!). The hot bread of the day could be muffins or Peace Hill biscuits, made from a generations-old family recipe or rosemary-strawberry scones made with herbs picked from our garden.
Breakfast for two can be served in the fireplace sitting room or on the screened back porch upon request.
Tanya might choose to present one of the following fruit courses, all served with hot breads:
- Bananas sprinkled with nuts and drizzled with honey and served with seasonal fruit
- Orange cup filled with local berries
- Crepes with fresh fruit
- Breakfast tart with assorted berries and mascarpone cheese
- Caramelized apples with fresh whipped crème
The breakfast entrée of the day might be:
- Omelets or scrambled eggs, fritters or seasoned potatoes and sausage, ham, or home-smoked Charles City bacon
- Apple pancakes served with maple syrup and butter
- Sausage, egg, and cheese casserole prepared with locally-made sausage
- Orange-pecan French toast served with orange-maple syrup
- Corned beef hash topped with fried eggs and Cheddar cheese
- Individual quiches and hash brown casserole
Given advance notice, we can accommodate special dietary restrictions with delicious vegetarian, gluten-free, or low-carb menus.
Lunch, dinner, and afternoon tea is available upon advance request; pricing will vary depending on the menu you select.
A picnic lunch could be curried chicken salad or local Smithfield ham and cheese with fresh bread, fruit and cookies and a beverage, all packed up in a basket for you to take to your favorite shady spot. Afternoon tea features home-made scones, tea sandwiches, fruit-topped tarts and teacakes, with a selection of teas.
Dinner begins with salad and homemade dressing with good bread; your entree choices include Southern-style pork chops or tilapia en papillote. Or you might prefer a dish influenced by Tanya’s Cuban heritage: chicken and yellow rice (arroz con pollo), Picadillo (Cuban ground beef dish with golden raisins, olives, tomato sauce base) served with rice, or black beans and rice and roast pork. Your choice of red, white, or sparkling wine may be added at an additional cost from our upscale winelist. A luscious dessert and tea or coffee always follows.
Your hosts are also happy to help you make dinner reservations at one of Charles City’s casual restaurants nearby, or at one of Williamsburg’s fine eating establishments, less than 30 minutes away by car.